Using the Materials Development Rubric as A Guide for Designing and Implementing InTeGrate Materials
Thursday, Oct 8, 2015
Leader: David Steer
This event has already taken place. See the recording below.
Resources, including presentation slides and the Screencast recording
Were you able to attend the webinar? If so, we'd appreciate getting your feedback!
The InTeGrate Materials Development Rubric was designed to ensure that InTeGrate-developed teaching materials reach the highest standards and meets the InTeGrate project goals by: addressing one or more Earth related grand challenges facing society; developing students' ability to address interdisciplinary problems; improving student understanding of the nature and methods of geoscience and developing geoscientific habits of mind; making use of authentic and credible geoscience data; and incorporating systems thinking. The rubric also encodes a set of standards for incorporating evidenced-based, teaching and learning best practices in curricular materials. Learn more about how the rubric can be used as an effective tool to develop new materials, and how you can use it as a guideline when adapting InTeGrate-developed materials.
- familiarize participants with the InTeGrate materials development rubric and how its design can promote teaching for a sustainable future.
- provide guidance on how the rubric is used to develop InTeGrate curricular materials.
- discuss most challenging elements of the rubric and effective ways to achieve the standards.
- discuss implications of InTeGrate curricular design for faculty adopting and adapting InTeGrate-developed materials in their classroom.
Time - 9:00 am PST | 10:00 am MST | 11:00 am CST | 12:00 pm EST
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and discussion.
Registration - Registration for this webinar is now closed.
Preparation - Please review the Materials Development Rubric prior to the webinar.
Please email Monica Bruckner (mbruckne AT carleton.edu) if you have any questions about this event.
- Watch the Screencast recording of the webinar:
- Presentation slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 7.2MB Oct7 15) from this webinar.
- The InTeGrate site that outlines the InTeGrate Materials Design Rubric and how it can be used, which is found here. A link to the rubric itself can be found here.
- A webinar, The InTeGrate Materials Development Rubric, led by Joshua Caulkins, was held in August 2015. You can review the video recording and presentation slides at the event page.
- Learn more about designing rubrics for your teaching materials.