Exploring ways to make the InTeGrate Mineral Resources module your own
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
11:00 am PT | 12:00 pm MT | 1:00 pm CT | 2:00 pm ET
Presenters: Joy Branlund (Southwestern Illinois College)
This webinar is part of a series supporting teaching with InTeGrate principles, using InTeGrate-developed and curated materials as tools.
Registration is closed.
Although InTeGrate's Humans' Dependence on Earth's Mineral Resources module was designed to be taught in a 2-week portion of an introductory geoscience course, the materials it contains can be used in different orders or even on their own. Also, the interdisciplinary nature of several of the activities lend for their adoption in other types of classes. Using participant input as a guide, this webinar will provide examples of how the module material can be adapted to meet diverse needs in different types of courses.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- navigate the Mineral Resource Module and identify parts of the module that are helpful for course planning
- identify whether components are interdisciplinary and what disciplines are involved
- show how modules replace or link to traditional geoscience topics
- determine activity type and/or skill practice in the different modules
Time - 11:00 am PT | 12:00 pm MT | 1:00 pm CT | 2:00 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Zoom meeting software with questions and discussion. Go to the webinar technology page for information on using Zoom. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Registration is closed.
Please email Mitchell Awalt (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Joy Branlund, Professor, Earth Science, Southwestern Illinois College
InteGrate webinar 05.29.18 slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 6MB May29 18)
1) Welcome and introductory remarks – Mitchell Awalt, SERC
2) Webinar Presentation - Joy Branlund, Southwestern Illinois College
3) Reflection by participants
Prompt: What are the biggest challenges in teaching students about Earth's mineral resources?
4) Concluding remarks - Joy Branlund, Southwestern Illinois College
5) Opportunities for further interaction - Mitchell Awalt, SERC
6) Webinar Evaluation
- Teaching Module: Human's Dependance on Earth's Mineral Resources