InTeGrate News and Announcements
- Sexual Harassment in the Sciences: A Call to Geoscience Faculty and Researchers to Respond
Thank you to NAGT members Kristen St. John, Eric Riggs, and Dave Mogk on writing the recent JGE editorial Sexual Harassment in the Sciences: A Call to Geoscience Faculty and Researchers to Respond based on the goals of the (NSF)-funded workshop: Sexual Harassment in the Sciences - A Call to Respond. The authors share their reflections on points from the workshop and results from recent studies that particularly resonated and have implications for geoscience education and geoscience education researchers.
- Helping the Next Generation Save the Planet: InTeGrate in the News
Carleton College highlights SERC's largest project
- Announcing the publication of "Integrating geoscience into undergraduate education about environment, society, and sustainability using place-based learning"
InTeGrate congratulates David Gosselin, Steven Burian, Tim Lutz, and Julia Maxson on their recent article on linking place-based learning to geoscience concepts and societal issues in the current issue of the Journal of Environmental Studies and Science
- InTeGrate is Pleased to Announce the Publication of a New Teaching Module: Living on the Edge: Building Resilient Societies on Active Plate Margins
Geological monitoring can greatly improve our planning for and response to catastrophic events such as earthquakes and volcanoes. In light of recent tragic events in Nepal, this teaching module provides timely instruction for students to personally experience that geoscience is a complex, interdisciplinary effort with real-world implications.
InTeGrate in the News
- News of the NSF Award Announcement
- News of the award announcement from Carleton College
- Follow up news coverage from Carleton College Helping the Next Generation Save the Planet
- News coverage of University of South Dakota Implementation Program
- News coverage of Gustavus Adolphus College Implementation Program
- News coverage of Shippensburg University Implementation Program in local media as well as in Shippensburg University Magazine
- News coverage of Washington State Implementation Program From the Washington University Press Office, From the Ellensberg Daily Record, From the Ellensberg Daily Record
- Professor Sarah Fortner, Wittenberg University (lead on an implementation program and co-author of a teaching module) has done some excellent work with the City of Springfield around stormwater runoff. Here are a couple of news items resulting from her efforts: From WYSO at Antioch College, from Wittenberg College, and from the Springfield News-Sun
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) provide member highlight
- Blog post by Professor Laura Guertin in GeoEd Trek
- Mercer University organizes STEAM (STEM+Art) Day
- Mercer University organizes Second Annual Mercer STEAM (STEM+Art) Day
- Blog post by Professor Callan Bentley Mountain Beltway