Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2017
July 17-21, 2017 | University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
Thank you for attending the highly successful third annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous! View a slideshow of photos (Quicktime MP4 Video 218.1MB Jul26 17) from this year's event and save the date for the July 16-20, 2018 Rendezvous in Lawrence, Kansas.
Who is Rendezvous for?
Our program is designed to appeal to everyone from instructors and graduate students attending their first Earth-education–themed meeting, to experienced STEM education researchers, to administrators who want to better support students in their programs. Among many options, participants can learn about new teaching approaches, discover opportunities to get involved in research programs, prepare for an academic career, or discuss how to approach teaching and learning challenges in their classroom.
What happens at Rendezvous?
Events include workshops, oral and poster sessions, teaching demonstrations, panel discussions, plenary talks, and working groups.
- Caitlin Callahan, Grand Valley State University
- Donna Charlevoix, UNAVCO
- Carla McAuliffe, Center for STEM Teaching and Learning, TERC/NESTA
- Rory McFadden, Science Education Resource Center (SERC)
- Martha Murphy, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Claire Ostwald, Boise State University
- Catherine Riihimaki, Princeton University
- Steve Semken, Arizona State University at the Tempe Campus
- John Warford, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Cheryl Young, Heritage University
Gary Weissmann, University of New Mexico