The Pathway to Systemic Change
Thursday, November 12, 2015 -- This webinar has been postponed further details TBA
Leader: Judith Ramaley
This webinar will help faculty design a plan to support departmental/institutional change including aspects such as aligning effort with institutional priorities, making use of assets that already exist, and engaging other stakeholders in the efforts.
Goals:The goals of this webinar are to:
- Provide ideas for how InTeGrate materials and activities can support departmental and institutional priorities.
- Assist participants in determining their institution/departmental goals and identifying existing resources, organizations, and assets that can help achieve those goals.
Time - 9:00 am Pacific | 10:00 am Mountain | 11:00 am Central | 12:00 pm Eastern
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and discussion. Participants will receive an email with instructions detailing how to log into the event the day before the event.
Registration -This webinar has been postponed further details TBA
Please email Monica Bruckner (mbruckne AT carleton.edu) if you have any questions about this event.
References and Resources
- Liberal Education and America's Promise : Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) is a national advocacy, campus action, and research initiative that champions the importance of a twenty-first century liberal education—for individuals and for a nation dependent on economic creativity and democratic vitality.
- The LEAP Challenge calls on colleges and universities to engage students in signature work that will prepare them to integrate and apply their learning to a significant project.
- The Degree Qualifications Profile : This effort aims to develop a learning-centered framework for what college graduates should know and be able to do to earn the associate, bachelor's or master's degree.
- Peer Review. Navigating Institutional Change for Student Success in STEM. Spring2015, Vol.17, No.2.
- In particular, Dr. Ramaley recommends the article Increasing Student Success in STEM by Mary J.S. Roth and Susan Elrod, pages 8-12.