Using InTeGrate Materials in K-8 Teacher Preparation
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
12:00 pm PT | 1:00 pm MT | 2:00 pm CT | 3:00 pm ET
Presenter: Dr. Jennifer Hanselman (Westfield State University; firstname.lastname@example.org)
This webinar is part of a series supporting teaching with InTeGrate principles, using InTeGrate-developed and curated materials as tools.
The Registration Deadline has passed.
Resources, including presentation slides and the Screencast recording after the webinar
In this webinar, we will discuss the structure and adaptability of InTeGrate interdisciplinary materials and how they (1) address content and skills that can be aligned to NGSS and (2) model inquiry-based instruction. The webinar includes and overview of the resources available and examples of how they have been used in a variety of courses and at a variety of levels. In addition, the webinar will provide participants with an opportunity to explore a module and ask questions about methods of adaptation.
At the end of this webinar, participants will have:
- greater familiarity with InTeGrate principles and materials and how to align them with NGSS
- examples and strategies for adapting InTeGrate modules for pre-service teachers
Time - 12:00 pm PT | 1:00 pm MT | 2:00 pm CT | 3:00 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and discussion. Go to the webinar technology page for information on using Adobe Connect. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Registration deadline: The registration deadline has passed.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Please email Mitchell Awalt (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Dr. Jennifer Hanselman, Professor and Chair, Department of Biology, Westfield State University
1) Welcome and introductory remarks - John McDaris, SERC staff
2) Webinar presentation - Jennifer Hanselman
3) Reflections by participants4) Synthetic remarks - final remarks by presenters
The conveners will reflect on the chat and each provide a synthetic remark. The chat and final remarks will be discussed further in the InTeGrate discussion thread. The online interest group is aimed at providing you with a platform for continuing discussion and exchanging ideas with your new colleagues about adapting InTeGrate modules, as well as broader InTeGrate principles that will continue to be discussed throughout the webinar series.
5) Opportunities for further interaction – John McDaris, SERC staff
6) Webinar Evaluation
Download the Presentation Slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 5.4MB Sep27 17)
Click to watch the webinar screencast (will post when available).
- Prepare Future Teachers
- InTeGrate Teacher Preparation Course Materials
- Introductory Geoscience Modules
- Teaching for a Sustainable Future
- InTeGrate Modules and Courses
- Cli-Fi: Climate Science in Literary Texts
- Soils, Systems and Society
- Exploring Geoscience Methods
- Interactions between Water, Earth's Surface, and Human Activity