Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2019
July 15-19, 2019 | Nashville, TN (co-hosted by Tennessee State and Vanderbilt Universities)
Registration Is Now Open
The fifth annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous is now open for registration!
The Earlybird Registration Deadline is May 1, 2019.Save your spot now!
- Working group application deadline: Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Abstract/poster/teaching demo submission deadline: Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Travel stipend application deadline: Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Early registration deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Review Camp and NGSS Tagging Camp application deadlines: May 1, 2019
Who is Rendezvous for?
Our program is designed to appeal to everyone from instructors and graduate students attending their first Earth-education--themed meeting, to experienced STEM education researchers, to administrators who want to better support students in their programs. Among many options, participants can learn about new teaching approaches, discover opportunities to get involved in research programs, prepare for an academic career, or discuss how to approach teaching and learning challenges in their classroom.
What happens at Rendezvous?
Save the date for the fifth annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous! The 2018 Rendezvous was a huge success (see it in pictures (MP4 Video 50.3MB Aug1 18)) and we look forward to another exciting event next year in Nashville, TN. Both Tennessee State University, the largest and only state-funded historically black university in Tennessee, and Vanderbilt University, an internationally recognized research university with strong partnerships among its 10 schools and neighboring institutions, will co-host the 2019 Earth Educators' Rendezvous. Sign up to receive timely updates as the 2019 program, deadlines, and speakers becomes available.
Events include workshops, oral and poster sessions, teaching demonstrations, panel discussions, plenary talks, and working groups.
Contributed Program Chairs
Katherine Ryker, University of South Carolina-Columbia
Ryan Hollister, Turlock High School
Program Planning Committee
- Reginald Archer, Tennessee State University
- PRAJUKTI Bhattacharyya, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Monica Bruckner, Carleton College
- Caitlin Callahan, Grand Valley State University
- Kim Cheek, University of North Florida
- Lily Claiborne, Vanderbilt University
- Amy Collette, Carleton College
- Steven Goodbred, Vanderbilt University
- Brendan Hanger, Oklahoma State University-Main Campus
- Ryan Hollister, Turlock High School
- Elijah Johnson, Auburn University Main Campus
- Lynsey LeMay, Thomas Nelson Community College
- Cathy Manduca, Carleton College
- Cheryl Manning, NSF
- Fred Marton, Bergen Community College
- Lisa Nirva, Carleton College
- Gabriela Noriega, University of Southern California
- Katherine Ryker, University of South Carolina-Columbia
- Sean Tvelia, Suffolk County Community College
- John Warford, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
Banner Image: The banner image on this website was modified from a photo taken by Jason P. de Koff, Tennessee State University. Pictured is TSU's Ashland City Farm located in Nashville.