This is the first in a series of face-to-face workshops that will bring the change agents together four times during the course of this four-year project. These Change Agent workshops will be complemented by other professional development opportunities - from virtual journal clubs, discussion groups, and webinars to face-to-face workshops at professional meetings. This first workshop is designed to bring the change agents together to meet each other and the project personnel; share expertise and experience; learn about evidence-based practices to improve student success, broaden participation in the geosciences, and facilitate professional pathways in the geosciences (via careers and transfer to four-year colleges and universities); and generate plans for actions subsequent to this workshop.
The workshop will include presentations, group discussions, small group and change agent team work sessions, and opportunities for individual consultations with workshop leaders and presenters. In addition, each change agent will meet briefly with a member of the project evaluation and research team.
- Meet the people involved in this project to begin building the project community
- Learn more about the three major strands of the project:
- supporting the academic success of all students
- broadening participation within the geosciences
- facilitating professional professional pathways within the geosciences
- Develop strategies for working as a team and engaging your partners
- Generate draft individual action plans for working on your campus
- Generate draft team action plans for working in your region
- First draft of individual change agent action plans that address the three project strands in their teaching, their programs, and on their campus
- First draft of team action plans for engaging partners on campus and in the region to disseminate evidence-based practices in support of the project goals
- Materials from the workshop presentations and discussions suitable for inclusion in the SAGE 2YC website
The workshop will be held at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA.