Challenge and Support: Applications of instructional technology to promote the academic success of geoscience students
University of Kansas Edwards Campus, Overland Park, KS
This workshop was cancelled.
- Identify strategies utilizing instructional technology to improve undergraduate geoscience student success.
- Develop action plans to implement strategies which promote student engagement and active learning.
- Equip instructors with tools to adopt and apply innovative instructional technologies to support student success.
- Strengthen a regional network of geoscience educators.
No cost for participants.
University of Kansas Edwards Campus
12600 Quivira Rd.,
Overland Park, Kansas 66213
Continental breakfast will be provided to the workshop participants. Please identify any special dietary needs on the registration form.
Campus map is available by clicking on the following link: http://edwardscampus.ku.edu/campus-map.
Road Construction Near Campus
For individuals driving through the I-435/I-35/K-10 interchange, please note there is road construction taking place. Please visit the Johnson County Gateway Project website at http://jocogateway.com for the most up-to-date alternative routes to the Edwards Campus.
Free parking is available to visitors except for a designated faculty/staff parking located on the south side of Regnier Hall marked with signage. See the campus map to view the parking lots. There is accessible parking available in the parking lot on the east side of the Regents Center, the west end of the south parking lot by Regnier hall and on the north side of the BEST Building.
Participants are expected to:
- Participants will be expected to bring a laptop or tablet with word processing ability
- During the workshop: participate in all sessions; complete and submit an action plan; complete workshop evaluations
- After the workshop: implement action plan; share workshop information with colleagues
If you would like further information about the workshop, please contact one of conveners listed above.