Supporting 2YC Geoscience Students and Faculty in the Classroom and Beyond
Wake Tech Community College, Raleigh, NC
Workshop Date: Thursday, April 2, 2015
Registration deadline: Friday, March 20, 2015
- provide a forum for sharing ideas about supporting student success in the classroom, through the transfer process, and into geoscience careers
- explore strategies for effectively teaching with technology and helping students learn to learn
- investigate research, transfer, and career pathways for students interested in pursuing geoscience beyond 2YCs
- continue to build collaboration and communication among local faculty interested in 2YC geoscience education
There is no cost to participate in this workshop.
The workshop will be held on the Main Campus of Wake Tech Community College: Map and Directions
The workshop sessions will take place in the Pucher-LeMay (PLM) and Library Education (LE) Buildings: Campus Map
We will meet in PLM Room 241 starting at 8:00 am, and we will finish by 4:00 pm.
Classes will not be in session on the day of the workshop, so ample parking will be available close to the buildings. Participants may park in any unmarked spaces on campus.Lunch and snacks will be provided to participants.
Each workshop participant is expected to:
- In advance of the workshop - Register for the workshop by answering all of the questions on the Registration Form.
- During the workshop - Participate in all workshop activities from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm on Thursday, April 2, 2015.
- Following the workshop - Implement something that has been learned at the workshop and help disseminate insights from the workshop to other geoscience educators.
Gretchen Miller, Wake Tech Community College (email@example.com)
Adrianne Leinbach, Wake Tech Community College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Stephanie Rollins, Wake Tech Community College (email@example.com)
If you would like further information about the workshop, please contact one of conveners listed above.