In order to help you get the most out of this workshop, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here is a list of the preparatory activities and their deadlines.
By July 8th, 2018:
- Explore the InTeGrate materials: Take some time to look through the InTeGrate curricular materials, consider what you would need to implement them in your classroom, and select a few modules that are most interesting to you. You will be asked about your ideas and modules of interest on the registration form.
- Register for the workshop: All accepted applicants need to register, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
- Pay for your single room upgrade: If you requested an upgrade to a single room for the workshop, you will need to pay $100.00 ($50.00 per night) in order to confirm your single occupancy status.
- Submit an essay: The submitted essays will eventually become part of a public collection that allows others who have not attended the workshop to see a variety of approaches to how others approach teaching Earth science and sustainability in light of the NGSS.
- Please make your travel plans and complete the travel information form so that you can attend the first workshop session at 4 pm on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. The workshop will not conclude until 2 pm on August 3, and it is essential that you attend the full workshop. For information on travel, lodging, ground transportation, and meals, see the logistics page.
Prior to the workshop:
- Become familiar with the InTeGrate modules and the connections to the NGSS, particularly the modules you are most interested in.
- Read the essays submitted by your fellow workshop participants.
- Plan on bringing your laptop or tablet because we will use them in several of the workshop sessions. (Please let the conveners know if you do not have a device to bring and we can provide one for you.)
After the workshop:
- Submit any necessary information to receive the stipend. Please note that full stipends will be issued to participants after the workshop if all work is completed.