InTeGrate and the Next Generation Science Standards
The student-centered, data-rich, and problem-solving focused classroom described above is also the classroom envisioned in the Next Generation Science Standards.
InTeGrate materials are well-suited for use in many settings where the NGSS are important, including college-level courses that include or are designed for future teachers; high school science courses, particularly integrated science and Earth science courses, and professional development courses and workshops for current K-12 STEM teachers.
Navigating our materials with the NGSS in mind
Look for this image at the top of activity pages, and click on it to see specific cross-cutting concepts, science and engineering practices, disciplinary core ideas, and performance expectations that are addressed in that particular unit or activity.In addition, you can
- Explore the overall alignment of InTeGrate materials and how they support three-dimensional teaching and learning
- Learn more about the approach we took in aligning our materials
- See strategies for addressing performance expectations using InTeGrate materials, including ways to adapt materials for your own classroom
- Search and browse all of the InTeGrate curricular materials by science and engineering practices, cross-cutting concepts, disciplinary core ideas, and performance expectations
To find out more about the NGSS and to explore the standards themselves, take a look at these resources:
- Learn more about the Next Generation Science Standards
- Explore the NGSS through NextGenScience (more info)
- Access the NGSS through the National Science Teachers Association
- NAGT and AGI have collaborated on a series of webinars showcasing expert advice for Implementing the NGSS