Over the two years of their involvement in the project, the SAGE 2YC Cohort 2 Change Agents will work on strengthening their teaching and their geoscience program, and will engage other two-year college geoscience educators in their region. The Winter-Spring 2018 Virtual Workshop is the second of the activities to support their work and includes a series of virtual synchronous meetings and asynchronous work that focus on developing and implementing an action plan to strengthen their geoscience program in terms of the following three project strands: supporting the success of all students, broadening participation, and promoting students' professional pathways (careers and transfer) within the geosciences. The workshop will present one approach for moving from program goals to action plans.
Winter-Spring Workshop Goals
- Explore facilitating students' professional pathways: 2YC-4YCU transfer
- Learn one approach for developing your action plan
- Work with your team and engage your geoscience colleagues
- Meet with your dean and other offices on campus
- Develop an action plan for your geoscience program, considering the three project strands, with multiple opportunities for review
- Continue to build the community of change agents
Each one-hour virtual meeting will take place twice - once on Thursdays at 1:30-2:20 eastern | 12:30-1:20 central | 11:30-12:20 mountain | 10:30-11:20 pacific and once on Fridays at 11-12 eastern | 10-11 central | 9-10 mountain | 8-9 pacific. Change Agents can attend either session based on which one works best for them. Everyone will also participate in asynchronous work before and after each meeting.
- Friday, January 19 or Thursday, January 25
- Thursday, February 8 or Friday, February 9
- Friday, March 16 or Thursday, March 22
- Thursday, April 12 or Friday, April 13
- Individual team meetings in April or May
We will use Zoom for the synchronous meetings. You can find all the connection information inside the private workspace for the workshop.
Change Agents are expected to:
- Attend one of the two sessions of each meeting. You can attend either session depending on which one works best, and you don't have to attend the same day each session.
- Complete the asynchronous work by the Wednesday before the associated synchronous meeting or specific dates as given in the schedule. .