Over the time of their involvement in this Leadership Development Project (the Cohort 3 Extension), the participating Cohort 3 Change Agents will delve more deeply into high-impact evidence-based practices, continue to develop their leadership skills for work on their campus and/or in other professional development activities, work with course-level demographic and student success data from their courses, develop and implement a plan, building on previous work in the project, that will strengthen their program, department, and/or campus and culminate in an activity or event or workshop, and continue to build a vibrant network and community of 2YC STEM faculty. The Spring 2021 Virtual Workshop is the first of the workshops and includes a series of virtual synchronous meetings with some asynchronous work that focuses on aspects of the following topics: supporting the success of all students, broadening participation, and promoting students' professional pathways (careers and transfer) within STEM, using course-level outcomes, and leadership development.
Spring Workshop Goals
- Learn more about leadership and strategies for leading change
- Delve more deeply into the three major strands of the project: supporting the academic success of all students, broadening participation, and facilitating students' professional pathways within STEM
- Share your work and learn more about the work of other Change Agents and teams and Peer Leaders
- Continue to build the project community
- Design and implement your team activity (before June workshop)
Each hour-long virtual meeting will take place two times - once on Thursdays and once on Fridays.
Change Agents are assigned to one of the two groups. While it is expected that you will attend your session for each meeting, if unusual circumstances prevent you from attending that session, you would attend the other session or watch the recorded session. Everyone will also participate in asynchronous work before and/or after the meetings.
Synchronous meetings will be on the following dates:
- Session 1 - Thursday January 21 OR Friday January 22
- Session 2 – Thursday February 4 OR Friday February 5
- Session 3 – Thursday February 18 OR Friday February 19
- Session 4 – Thursday March 4 OR Friday March 5
- Session 5 – Thursday March 18 OR Friday March 19
- Session 6 – Thursday April 1 OR Friday April 2
- Session 7 – Thursday April 15 OR Friday April 16
- Session 8 – Thursday April 29 OR Friday April 30
We will use Zoom for the synchronous meetings. You can find all the connection information inside the private workspace for the workshop.
Expectations for how we will work with each other include being an active contributor, responding to requests in a timely fashion, being proactive in communication, being kind to ourselves, and honoring limited confidentiality.