Over the two years of their involvement in the project, the SAGE 2YC Cohort 2 Change Agents will work on strengthening their teaching and their geoscience program, and will engage other two-year college geoscience educators in their region. The Fall 2017 Virtual Workshop is the first of the activities to support their work and includes a series of virtual synchronous meetings and asynchronous work that focus on aspects of the following topics: supporting the success of all students, broadening participation, and promoting students' professional pathways (careers and transfer) within the geosciences.
Fall Workshop Goals
- Meet the people involved in this project, begin building the project community
- Learn more about the three major strands of the project:
- supporting the academic success of all students
- broadening participation within the geosciences
- facilitating students' professional pathways within the geosciences
- Share your work and learn more about the work of other Change Agents and teams
- Considering all project strands, generate individual and team action plans
- Develop strategies for working as a team on this project
Each hour-long virtual meeting will take place twice - once on Fridays at 8 am Pacific | 9:00 Mountain | 10:00 Central | 11:00 Eastern and once on Mondays at 12:00 Noon Pacific | 1:00 pm Mountain | 2:00 pm Central | 3:00 pm Eastern. Change Agents can attend either session based on which one works best for you. While it is expected that you will attend one session of each meeting, if unusual circumstances prevent you from attending either session, we will record and post the discussions. Everyone will also participate in asynchronous work before and after each meeting.
- Friday, October 6 or Monday, October 9
- Friday, October 13 or Monday, October 16
- Friday, November 3 or Monday, November 6
- Friday, November 17 or Monday, November 20
- Friday, December 1 or Monday, December 4
We will use Zoom for the synchronous meetings. You can find all the connection information inside the private workspace for the workshop.
Change Agents are expected to:
- Attend one of the two sessions of each meeting. You can attend either session depending on which one works best, and you don't have to attend the same day each session.
- Complete the asynchronous work by the Thursday before the associated synchronous meeting.