Cli-Fi: Climate Science in Literary Texts
Strengths of the Module
- Plot and interpret climate change data and relate interpretations to climate system interactions.
- Rhetorically analyze the treatment of a climate change issue in a work of climate change literature.
- Assess the value of both literature and scientific data in communicating the grand societal challenge represented by climate change.
- Download and graph climate-related data including precipitation, temperature, and sea ice extent using Excel.
- Identify and describe trends in paleoclimatic and modern data.
- Make use of different literary techniques to present data.
A great fit for courses in:
- Environmental science
- Environmental studies
- Climate science
- Science communication
- Global change
Table of Contents
- Instructor Materials: Overview of the Cli-Fi: Climate Science in Literary Texts Module
Unit 1Overview of Earth's Climate System Unit 2Communicating Climate Part 1: The Science of Climate Change Unit 3Communicating Climate Part 2: Literary Representations of Climate Change Unit 4Read and Analyze a Short Story Unit 5Literary Representation of a Grand Societal Challenge
- Student Materials
- Instructor Stories
- Join the Community
View the Instructor Materials »