Sustainable Solutions to Societal Issues: Teaching Earth literacy across the undergraduate curriculum
Thursday, September 21, 2017
10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Diane Doser (University of Texas at El Paso) and Gigi Richard (Colorado Mesa University)
This webinar is part of a series supporting teaching with InTeGrate principles, using InTeGrate-developed and curated materials as tools.
Registration Deadline: September 19, 2017
Resources, including presentation slides and the Screencast recording after the webinar
GoalsAt the end of this webinar, participants will have:
- An overview of InTeGrate modules are organized
- Examples of specific InTeGrate activities that focus on sustainability and how these have been adapted for different types of courses at different institutions
- Information on upcoming InTeGrate/NAGT traveling workshops and how to apply for them
Time - 10 am PT | 11 am MT | 12 pm CT | 1 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and discussion. Go to the webinar technology page for information on using Adobe Connect. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, September 19, 2017. The registration deadline has passed.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Please email Monica Bruckner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.
Diane Doser, Geological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso
Gigi Richard, Physical and Environmental Sciences, Science, Colorado Mesa University
1) Welcome and introductory remarks - Monica Bruckner, SERC staff
2) Webinar Presentation
3) Reflections by participants
- After reflecting for a moment, please use the chat to share something about where you are in your teaching, how you would move forward, and why this is a strong move. You can also enter questions for discussion into the chat at this time.
4) Synthetic remarks - final remarks by presenters
The conveners will reflect on the chat and each provide a synthetic remark. The chat and final remarks will be discussed further in the InTeGrate discussion thread. This online interest group is aimed at providing you with a platform for continuing discussion and exchanging ideas with your new colleagues about improving teaching skills and agency of graduate students and post-docs, as well as broader InTeGrate principles that will continue to be discussed throughout the webinar series. [change this as needed]
5) Opportunities for further interaction – Monica Bruckner
6) Webinar Evaluation
Webinar presentation slides: Sustainable Solutions to Societal Issues: Teaching Earth literacy across the undergraduate curriculum (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 18.6MB Sep21 17)
- Join the Community Discussion
- Teaching About Sustainability