This workshop is for participants who have registered through the Ecological Society of America annual meeting website.
Time: Sunday, August 7, 2016: 12:00 PM-5:00 PM
Location: Room 316, Ft Lauderdale Convention Center
12:00 Welcome and introductions
- Goals for the workshop
12:30 - What is and why use InTeGrate materials? - Cailin Introduction to InTeGrate (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 7.1MB Aug7 16)
12:50 - Explore the materials activity in small groups - Meghann
1:20 - Group discussion of findings
Where do the guiding principles show up in your chosen module?
1:45 - Introduction to the " An Ecosystems Services Approach to Water Resources" - Meghann
Ecosystem Services Module (log in required)
- Key module elements
- The development process
2:15 - Work with a partner to teach an activity - Cailin Using the modules (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 3.7MB Aug7 16)
- Choose a module for you both to work on
- Go to the InTeGrate front page
- Click on 'Explore the Materials' button on the upper left.
- Look through for a topic and a level that matches your interests
- Each choose a separate activity in the module
- Individually :
- Determine the goal/outcome of the activity
- Learn the activity well enough to teach it
- Teach your partner the activity OR
- Explain how you would teach the activity in enough detail they could teach it.
- Switch roles
(3:00 - cookies and coffee appear)
3:30 - Return for group discussion - Meghann
- What was easy? What was challenging?
- What would you do differently?
3:45 - Examples and experience modifying materials from the South Dakota implementation program - Meghann
4:00 - Using the modules to increase diversity and retention - Cailin
4:30 - Use the guideline to develop a personal action plan for adapting a course: Personal Action Plan (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 19kB Aug7 16)