In order to help you get the most out of the Strengthening Geoscience Competency for HBCU Pre-Service Teachers workshop, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here is a list of the preparatory activities and their deadlines.
By January 25, 2017:
- Register for the workshop. Note that all accepted applicants need to register, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
- Please make your travel plans and complete the travel information form so that you can attend the opening workshop session at 5 pm on Thursday, February 2, 2017, with a reception and keynote presentation. The workshop will not conclude until 2 pm on February 4, and it is essential that you attend the full workshop, including the full day on Saturday. For information on travel, lodging, ground transportation, and meals, see the logistics page and the information below.
- Remember that participants must provide their own transportation to and from the workshop.
- The workshop will be held at Tennessee State University in Nashville, Tennessee, approximately 20 minutes from the Nashville International Airport.
- As the workshop approaches, we will provide you with a list of participant arrival times so that you can arrange to share ground transportation if you fly into the Nashville International Airport
- Submit one program description for your team: Each team should describe how your program integrates Earth Science content, approaches to recruitment and retention of students, and how your program is tied to other departments on campus.
Prior to the workshop:
- Upload your presentation file if you are giving an oral presentation at the workshop. This will give you an on-site backup copy and will allow us to post your presentation on the website. You should still plan to bring a copy of your file with you. You will have the option of giving your presentation from your own computer, or you may use one of our laptops (both PCs and Macs will be available).
- Bring your laptop because we will use them in several of the workshop sessions.
After the workshop:
- Participants need to submit receipts for reimbursement by March 3, 2017.