Implementation Whole Group Discussion
Moving forward to implementation - what will be the challenges? how can they be mitigated? group discussion notes will be recorded here.
- What resources/publications are there to help us address EJ with administrations? what is the underpinning research?
- InTeGrate Program Design
- NAS Citizen Science Report
- Community partner fatigue?
- set expectations
- small, tangible projects/outcomes
- have students gains skills needed before engaging them with partners, scaffold the experience
- Finding balance between disciplinary information/skills and EJ
- pose questions within EJ framework
- ex: model phytoplankton in a lake that receives wastewater treatment
- curriculum mapping - distribute the load
- invite people to come in and talk to your students about related EJ issues
- Political & cultural & faculty-student, student-student, sensitivity when exposing students to new world views
- answers acceptable if they are evidence-based
- taking care of our students
- hope is important
- highlighting role models