Spring 2017 North Carolina Webinar: Sharing Active Learning and Metacognition Techniques
Friday, April 21, 2017
As a follow-up to our October 14, 2016, regional workshop, we are hosting a webinar for participants to share their experiences with new active learning and/or metacognition strategies. Each participant should be prepared to share a technique that has been implemented in classes since the fall workshop, including what worked and what might need to be improved on. We will also briefly discuss ideas for the next fall regional workshop.
The webinar goals are to:
- Provide a forum for sharing active learning and metacognition strategies
- Collect ideas for the next regional workshop
- Continue building a regional network of 2YC geoscience faculty and others who support the SAGE 2YC project goals:
- support the academic success of all students;
- promote professional pathways of students into geoscience; and
- broaden participation in the geosciences.
The webinar is free but registration is required.
Registration Deadline: April 14, 2017
Register for the workshop by answering all of the questions on the Registration Form. Be prepared to discuss one metacognition and/or active learning strategy you implemented after attending the October 14, 2016, workshop, or a similar strategy that you have implemented recently if you were not able to attend the fall workshop.
- Adrianne Leinbach, Wake Tech Community College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gretchen Miller, Wake Tech Community College (email@example.com)
Questions? Please contact one of conveners listed above.