Increasing Inclusivity in Your Courses
- September 25 - What is Inclusivity?
- October 23 - Inclusive Teaching Strategies
- November 13 - Implementing Inclusive Teaching Strategies
Who: Instructors (full time and adjunct) specifically in the sciences, but open to anyone.
- Increase the awareness of the important aspects that encompass creating an inclusive and welcoming course for all students.
- Share examples of strategies we have incorporated in our geosciences courses.
- Facilitate a discussion that allows attendees to develop their own strategies to implement in their courses.
Wondering how to create a welcoming and inclusive course? Want to have student opinion forms that call out how comfortable you made them feel? Come learn how to increase inclusivity in your course! This workshop is designed as a three-part series, but you're welcome to join any of them you'd like.
- Workshop 1: What is Inclusivity?
- Learn about the important aspects of creating an inclusive and welcoming course for all students
- Take away an understanding of the barriers to inclusivity in a course
- Workshop 2: Inclusive Teaching Strategies
- Hear examples of strategies we have incorporated in our geosciences courses
- Take away one or more strategies you'd like to use in your course
- Workshop 3: Implementing Inclusive Teaching Strategies
- Discuss how to develop your own inclusive strategies to implement in your courses
- Take away a fully developed action plan to implement your inclusive teaching strategy
- Anthony Santorelli
- Dan Ferandez
- Katherine Keough
- Robbie Evans
- Seth Miller
If you would like further information about the workshop, please contact TEAM MEMBER @ EMAIL ADDRESS
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.