8:30: Registration and Coffee
9:00: Introductions and Overview of workshop
9:30: Curriculum Alignment among 2YCs and 4YCs
- 4YC perspective: Jeff Knott and Joe Carlin (CSU Fullerton): What makes for a well-prepared student transferring to a 4YC, particularly Ocean Sciences? Why are there no Ocean Sciences courses at the 200 level?
- 2YC perspective: Tania Anders: Having seen both sides; challenges and opportunities
10:00 Gallery Walk: Beyond course work, what do students need to succeed?
10:30: Coffee Break
10:45: PathWaves To Success: How can transfer be facilitated?
- Table/Group Discussions among 2YC-4YC
- AA-T/Courses that 2YC students should take to transfer
- Articulation Agreements: How can 2YCs further fuel the fire/create the Perfect Storm? (a.k.a. offer more courses in Ocean Sciences)
- Comparison of Ocean Sciences syllabi from 2YC and 4YC
- SWOT analysis
12:45: Collaboration Opportunities among 2YCs and 4YCs
- Tina Treude (UCLA)
- Gwen Kazumi Noda (C-DEBI Diversity Director)
1:15: Focus Groups (Rotating Table Discussions): Field Trips, Transfer, Research and Continuing Education Opportunities
2:15: Ideas and Activities that promote student success and retention
3:00: Coffee Break
3:15: Develop Action Plan
3:45: Closure: End of Workshop Survey