Group 5 Discussion Notes
Please assign a group "scribe" to take group notes on this workspace page.
Note, these pages are publicly-accessible, so do not include anything you are not comfortable with sharing with the general public.
In your notes, please make sure they are detailed enough that someone who is not in your group can read and understand them.
Group members: Lisa Rom, Catherine Riihimaki, Christine Newville, Elijah Johnson, Rudi Meyer
Prompt: How can we design the future of earth education for sustainable societies?
- what are the societies we are considering? global? local societies?
- broader perspectives better?
- What is important to sustainability?
- being healthy
- teaching more community-based courses - connecting learning to community
- including more policy and justice as part of earth education
- emphasis on systems thinking
- finding ways to match organizations working toward sustainability to earth science education
- university has structure to match community needs to earth education resources
- online forum for matching?
- ways to make international connections at the university level to help with better global understanding
- international exchange for community science engagement
- create a culture in departments of required community engagement