- we will participate fully in the entire morning workshop for which we registered
- we will participate fully in any mini-workshop we attend
- we will move between contributed sessions at the completion of presentations
- we will be courteous and respectful of others
- we will aim to allow all to have an opportunity to participate in discussions
Before the Rendezvous
As you prepare for the Rendezvous, take a moment to look over this information
Arriving at the Rendezvous
- Information about ground transportation to and from the airport can be found on the FlyNashville website. Group shuttles are available, though many require prior reservations.
- Registration check in/name badge pickup (you must check in before attending any events, please leave time to check in and walk to your first event):
- Sunday 5:30pm - 8:30pm. at Vanderbilt University Student Life Center, Board of Trust Room #140.
- Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m-4:30 p.m. at Tennessee State in the lobby of Humphries building.
- Parking Information:
- Parking at Vanderbilt University
- Visit Parking Services and Vandy Vans for information on parking at Vanderbilt University, including parking regulations, parking tickets, and visitor and event parking. Campus visitor parking can be found here. For questions about parking you can contact parking services directly at (615) 322-2554. For accessibility questions related to parking, please visit the parking services page.
- Parking at Tennessee State University
- Tennessee State will be waiving parking fees for the entire weekend and Monday so that all Rendezvous participants will be able to park free while visiting the Parking Services office to obtain their passes. Participants who are staying in off-campus hotels and wish to park at TSU can purchase a regular visitor parking access pass at the visitors' parking gate, or by visiting the Parking Services office. We will also have a limited supply of parking passes available at Registration. Holiday Inn Nashville does offer a complimentary shuttle, based on availability (first come/first serve). Participants who are staying in on-campus lodging also require a parking permit, which can be purchased at the Parking Services office.
- For questions about parking you can contact parking services directly at (615) 963-1482.
- More information on TSU parking can be found here.
During the Rendezvous
On Campus Locations
Download PDF maps (links to interactive directions from hotels to TSU are provided on the Travel and Accommodations page:
- Annotated Map of EER Venue (Acrobat (PDF) 8.7MB Jul1 19)
- TSU Farm (Acrobat (PDF) 1.1MB May25 19)
- Conference Hotels (Acrobat (PDF) 1.8MB May25 19)
Code of Conduct at the Rendezvous
NAGT meetings and events foster the exchange of ideas, through open and respectful dialogues at oral and poster sessions, workshops, field trips, short courses, mentorships and other NAGT-supported programs. NAGT promotes, provides, expects and endorses a professional and respectful atmosphere and values a diversity of views and opinions. NAGT's Events Code of Conduct Policy (Acrobat (PDF) 58kB Dec5 18) is important to promoting diversity and creating an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment for all people.
Connecting to WiFi
Wifi will be available on campus. IT web page to be provided soon.
Dining in Nashville
Vanderbilt University's and Tennessee State University's campuses and surrounding areas are filled with a wide range of cuisine at an affordable price. Check out the Dining in Nashville page.
Many groups will capitalize on being together at the Rendezvous to move their own research forward. If you are interested in organizing a working group at the Rendezvous, please complete the application by March 3, 2019.
Continue networking with colleagues and friends at the variety of evening events and gathering spots.
Connect Via Social Media
New to the Rendezvous and looking for lunch/dinner companions? Trying to share rides to and from the airport? Do you want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? Link to our digital message board will be available soon.
If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @nagtgeo and include the hashtag #EarthER19. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
The Rendezvous will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the NAGT Facebook page . Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
After the Rendezvous
Staying in the area after the Rendezvous? Nashville and the surrounding area provide opportunities for fun and relaxation. Check out these sites for event calendars, restaurant recommendations, maps, tours, etc.
- Nashville Visitors Guide
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Ryman Auditorium
- Grand Ole Opry
- The Parthenon
- Frist Art Museum
- Warner Park Nature Center
- An Eater's Guide to Eating and Drinking in Nashville
Outside of Nashville: