Information for Workshop Participants
While most of the information workshop participants might need can be found in the website for each particular workshop, here is some general information relevant to all workshops.
A limited amount of funding is available for participants with limited access to institutional support for faculty development opportunities. To learn more about applying for this funding, please see the 'Workshop Stipends' page.
The project is committed to providing broad access to workshops. Please contact the PI leading the workshop if you have special needs related to a disability.
Selection Criteria for Applicants to Attend Workshop
It is our policy to encourage attendance by a diverse selection of participants in consideration of:
- Gender balance
- Underrepresented groups, including those with disabilities
- Type of institution (e.g. two-year college, private four-year primarily undergraduate institution, public four-year primarily undergraduate institution, university)
- Academic position or experience (e.g. Assistant, Associate, Full Professors; administrators...) or within a rank, as appropriate (e.g., Early Career, Preparing for Academic Career)
- Geographic distribution (from all parts of the US and its protectorates)
- Disciplinary interests (across the geosciences, or across the disciplinary interests of a given topic, as appropriate)
In addition, workshop conveners may also consider other special attributes such as
- Breadth, type, or level of expertise
- Willingness to lead sessions, make a presentation/demonstration, provide follow-up writing or review services...
- Other criteria in line with programmatic workshop goals