The Affective Domain in the Classroom
Resources for learning more about the affective domain
- What is the affective domain? Includes background information, definitions and relevance of the affective domain in teaching.
- A framework for applying the affective domain in science education, including a summary of some research on the topic and relevant questions to consider.
- Literature review of affective domain books and journal articles, including teaching methods, measuring affective outcomes, and examples in the geosciences.
- Learn how to recognize and overcome affective challenges for teaching controversial topics including teaching evolution and teaching environmental issues.
- Read anecdotal stories from faculty about affective domain dilemmas and real-life challenges in the classroom. Solutions to the dilemmas have been submitted by other faculty.
- See examples of assessment methods useful for evaluating the affective domain.
- Materials from the 2007 workshop, Student Motivations and Attitudes: The Role of the Affective Domain in Geoscience Learning
Share your knowledge and experienceWe are gathering references, classroom materials and assessment methods that are useful for learning about the affective domain. Please help us in our efforts to distribute quality teaching materials by sharing activities that you have created or references that you use.
The Affective Domain email list - Read the email list discussion, join the email list or unsubscribe.