The Hurricane - Climate Change Connection: Bringing Cutting Edge Research into the Classroom
Large hurricanes have captured the attention of many citizens in recent years and prompts the inevitable question about the relationship between climate change and hurricanes. This website focuses on recent hurricanes and the latest climate change research to engage students and help them understand the central issues of climate change and hurricane activity.
What can be found in this website?
- Resources for teaching about hurricanes and climate change from across the SERC sites
- Summary of recent research from this rapidly-evolving field of study
- A browseable, searchable collection of hurricane web sites useful for teaching
- Visualizations that can be useful in teaching about hurricanes and climate change.
- Do you teach about hurricanes and climate change? Share your materials with the community of educators.
2008 WorkshopFollow this link for more information on the virtual workshop that was held the week of October 20-24, 2008.