Stages of Involvement in Preparing Students for Careers
We want to give students the motivation to take charge of their own career path early, and the tools to explore different careers. There are four stages to accomplishing this that can be incorporated into two- or four-year programs:
This stage should begin in the first year of a student's program.
- Guide students to information about what geoscientists do.
- Alumni networks are an easily accessible resource
This stage should begin in the first or second year of a student's program.
- Introduce students to working geoscientists, in person and via resources like online career profile collections
This stage should begin in the second or third year of a student's program.
- Encourage students to apply for internships and research opportunities ( This site may be offline. )
- Host a lunch seminar on the availability of programs and how to apply
4. Job Search
This stage should begin in the second or fourth year of a student's program.