6371:22043Share edittextuser=5992 post_id=22043 initial_post_id=0 thread_id=6371
New Author Orientation Webinar
April 25, 2013
9am Pacific | 10am Mountain | 11am Central | 12pm Eastern
- Introduction to the overall InTeGrate project and how your curriculum development fits in.
- Introduction to the authoring process, the support structure (web team liaison, assessment consultant, email list, workspace), and how to work together as a team.
Brief overview of the project (20-25 minutes)
- InTeGrate overview (Cathy) overview (PowerPoint 1.1MB Sep13 13)
- Grand Challenges and Geoscience Literacy (David McC) Grand Challenge and Literacy slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 435kB Apr24 13)
Overview of the documentation and authoring process with example module (20-25 minutes)
- Information for Material Developers (where you can find more info about...)
- Information for new authors: Module and course characteristics
- Expectations, teamwork, and documentation (Anne)
- Timeline, authoring, and support for teams (David S)
Action Items and Questions (SERC) (10 minutes)
- May meeting info
- Travel and logistics
- Let us know your travel plans by April 30
- Take the BARSTL survey- by May 8. You will have to log into your SERC account to access this page. If you don't have a SERC account, you can create an account with the e-mail address that's been provided to InTeGrate and you should gain access automatically. Contact Monica with any questions (mbruckne AT carleton.edu).
- Review the information for new authors page, and bring questions to the May meeting
- Review the May meeting agenda
New Author Orientation Webinar -- Discussion
If you have additional questions about the content from today's webinar, please feel free to comment here!