Teaching by your Discipline
Discipline-specific resources to help faculty, program chairs, and students integrate quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills into the curriculum through active pedagogy and effective design.
- Genomics Explorer
Allows students to explore large datasets and experiment with iterative questioning strategies.
- Microbial Life
Explores the connections between the evolution of microbial life, the history of Earth, and humans' relationships to both.
- Professional Society Support: American Institute of Biological Sciences, American Society for Microbiology, American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB), National Association of Biology Teachers
Biology Site Guide »
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics
Engaged pedagogies and innovative teaching techniques for use in Economics courses.
Economics at Two-Year Colleges
Browse teaching materials dedicated to teaching economics at two-year colleges.
- InTeGrate teaching materials
Find resources that can help you teach about economics in the context of the Earth and eco-sustainability.
- On the Cutting Edge
A variety of teaching materials for undergraduate geoscience courses, from introductory to advanced.
- Teach the Earth
The portal to all of SERC's resources for the geosciences.
- Earth Exploration Toolbook
A collection of online Earth system science activities that uses real data sets and data analysis tools in presenting topics to students.
- Professional Society Support: American Geophysical Union, National Association of Geoscience Teachers
- Direct Measurement Videos
Short, high-quality videos of real-life events, supported by teaching activities designed to help students explore physical phenomena.
- PhET Interactive Simulations
Learn more about incorporating PhET simulations into your physics course and explore a collection of example activities.
- COMPADRE Pedagogic Library
A collection of pedagogic approaches relevant to physics and astronomy courses.
- Professional Society Support: American Association of Physics Teachers, American Physical Society Physics Site Guide »
- The Math You Need, When You Need It
Online tutorials designed to help students succeed with mathematics in the context of an introductory science course
- Developing Quantitative Reasoning
Teaching tips and materials for faculty seeking to incorporate QR.
- Professional Society Support: American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges, Inc., American Mathematical Society, American Statistical Association, Mathematical Association of America, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Quantitative Skills, Thinking, and Reasoning Site Guide
Sustainability & Climate Change
Explore teaching materials and resources for incorporating interdisciplinary teaching about Earth for a sustainable future into your course or program.
- Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN)
Browse resources dedicated to incorporating climate and energy literacy into the classroom, along with a collection of peer-reviewed materials for teaching climate and energy science.