Microbial Life in Extremely Hot Environments: General Collection
- The Microbial World: Thermophilic microorganisms: This site features information on the temperature ranges of microorganisms, the microbiology of hot springs and geothermal vents, and the microbiology of composts
- Thermophiles: This website contains chapter four of the Yellowstone Resources and Issues Handbook 2004 entitled "Thermophiles." This is a useful guide to the microbial thermophilic life of Yellowstone National Park...
- Some Like It Hot: NASA Astrobiologist Jack Farmer is featured in this web article that focuses on microrganisms found in Yellowstone hot springs and ocean floor hydrothermal vents...(more info)
- Life at High Temperatures: This personal website of Thomas Brock gives an overview of Yellowstone National Park's geothermal features and the various forms of life existing in these extreme environments...(more info)
- New research challenges prevailing theory of microbial diversity: In this web article, researchers at the University of California, Berkeley sampled the microbe Sulfolobus islandicus from acidic hot springs across the world to study microbe diversity...(more info)
Other Thermophile Collections
Advanced Collection: Compiled for professionals and advanced learners, this collection includes resources such as journal articles, academic reviews, and surveys.
For Educators: This collection includes activities, assignments, and reading materials created specifically for educators.
For additional resources about Thermophiles, search the Microbial Life collection.