Assessment Team Agenda
June 29-July 1, 2014
- Provide material developers feedback on their assessments and student work that would help them in revising course materials. Grading Feedback (private workspace)
- Analyze reviews of assessments and student work to determine the degree to which we can document student progress toward meeting module/InTeGrate goals/guiding principles. Write a summary of findings.
- Develop a plan of action moving forward to better document student progress using assessments provided by developers.
- Analyze GLE essay data to determine suitability of questions.
- Analyze GLE multiple choice results and develop formal testing plan.
- Course Assessment Planning (private workspace)
Sunday, June 29
Arrive in Northfield in the afternoon
*All workshop activities will take place at the Carleton College Weitz Center for Creativity , Larson Room 236 and adjacent areas. Assessment team will be in Weitz 231 for the entire meeting.
5:00 PM Welcome/social time with appetizers and cash-only bar
5:30 PM 30 minute presentation - Inspiring relationship to InTeGrate quality and publication goals with tour of Climate of Change module - David S and Cathy
- Developing student materials
- Developing sufficient faculty materials
- Writing case studies
- Website publishing
- Relationship to timeline
6:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Discussion and finalize assessment and GLE essay feedback to be given material developers/analyze late arriving data (Weitz 231)
Monday, June 30
8.30 AM Overview of Day and checklist for the workshop
8:45 AM Plenary: Assessment team Feedback Procedures - David S
- Description of rubric used
- What developers can expect
9:15 AM Break
9:30 AM Assessment Consultants meet with teams (Sustainable Agriculture; Map your Hazards; Living on the Edge; Secondary Methods)
GeoSci Methods GLE and Attitude Data (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 66kB Jun19 14)
Map Hazards GLE and Attitude Data (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 118kB Jun19 14)
SustainAg GLE and Attitude Data (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 59kB Jun19 14)
- Provide assessment results for individual modules - summary of conclusions drawn from assessment data, summary of GLE responses
- Discuss mapping of assessment data onto learning goals
9:30 AM Assessment Team Worktime
- Documenting learning based on available data.
- What can we say about each module?
- What would we like to be able to say?
- How does that impact assessment development and data collection moving forward?
12:00 PM Lunch Weitz Center Common Area (1st Floor)
1:00 PM (Proposed materials management meeting: David Steer, David McConnell, Anne Egger, John Taber, David Gosselin)
1:00 PM Work time
- Analysis of GLE essay data and overall GLE questioning format moving forward
- Discussion of two course questions (good, moderate and poor responses)
- Testing procedures and instructions for students
- Analysis of answers from other GLE essays (Anne E student results if possible)
- ConstructMap Rasch analysis of GLE (Zip Archive 7.5MB Jun26 14)
- Item characteristic and cumulative probability of GLE (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 4.1MB Jun26 14)
- Novice guide to IRT and Rasch analysis
- Is the planned format feasible? What are the options?
- Question and rubric revisions Interdisciplinary Essay Data (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 103kB Jun19 14)
5:00 PM Roadcheck
6:00 PM Dinner on the town (see restaurant selection handout in folder)
Tuesday, July 1
*Check out of hotel if leaving and bring your luggage to the Weitz Center â€”shuttles to the airport will leave from Weitz Center (see shuttle schedule in folder)
Courtesy breakfast - Country Inn of Northfield
8:30 AM Plenary: Evaluation results overview - Kim Kastens
9:00 AM - Work Time
- GLE multiple choice analysis GLE data (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 1003kB Jun23 14)
- Resolve issues based on data analysis (modify and/or delete questions)
- Review of unused questions (modify, delete and/or replace) Unused GLE Multiple Choice (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 395kB Jun22 14)
10:00- Course Assessment Plan conversation with team leads
12:00 PM Box lunches with teams
1:00 PM - Work TIme
- Continue work revising as needed
- Develop a plan for a research-based approach to testing questions
- Discussion of dissemination of results (potential papers, meeting abstracts ...)
- Discuss Upcoming Fall testing schedule
5:00 PM End of Meeting Evaluation
5:30 PM Celebratory reception at The Contented Cow
7:00 PM Dinner at Chapati