Project EDDIE Meet the Author Event: Exploring the Drivers of Change in Plants through Data, Customizing for Introductory and Upper Level Classes
Thursday, October 7, 2021
11 am PT | 12 pm MT | 1 pm CT | 2 pm ET
Pamela Freeman, The College of St. Scholastica and Kyla Dahlin, Michigan State University
Plants respond to multiple drivers of change from changes in climate, land use, water, and nutrients. How you engage your students in looking at the drivers of change might depend on the past knowledge and experience of your students. This event brings together authors of two Project EDDIE modules: Phenology trends and climate change in MN and Remote Sensing of Plants and Remote Sensing of Plants and Topography in R so that you can think about how to engage your students at different expertise levels. You will have time for discussion with one of the authors at the end of this event.
- Dahlin_SERC_MTA_EDDIE_slides_20211007.pdf (Acrobat (PDF) 2.3MB Oct8 21)
- Phenology in MN - Freeman.pdf (Acrobat (PDF) 1.3MB Oct8 21)
By the end of the event attendees will:
- Have an introduction to the strategies for using large data sets to teach about how climate, land use, water, and nutrients drive changes in plants.
- Learn about the Project EDDIE Phenology trends and climate change in MN and Remote Sensing of Plants and Remote Sensing of Plants and Topography in R modules and how they were implemented
- Gain ideas for how you might adapt the Project EDDIE Phenology trends and climate change in MN and Remote Sensing of Plants and Remote Sensing of Plants and Topography in R modules for use in your classroom.
Duration: 1 hour
Format: The event will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. It will begin with a short presentation by the authors followed by small group discussions in breakout rooms for each module so you can discuss them more in depth with the author. The presentation part of the event will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar has been emailed to registered participants. Contact Monica Bruckner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you had registered and need the link. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Monica Bruckner (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.