Programming on Diversity and Broadening Access
Customize your Program
Morning workshops and working groups will meet for two or three days. Workshops are interactive, with participants learning from experts and from one another. The extended lunch hour provides a break and an opportunity to network with colleagues. Poster sessions will begin during the lunch hour on two days and the posters will remain available through the close of the day's program, with authors present after afternoon sessions. During the afternoon you can pick from a mix of mini-workshops, round-table discussions and/or contributed talks or teaching demonstrations. Check out the sessions below that focus on increasing diversity and broadening access at the Rendezvous this summer!
at-a-glance » Register for the
- Monday-Wednesday (three-day; day 1 of 3) Morning Workshop for department heads, chairs, and program directors, with the intention of helping to address challenges in their curricula and/or degree programs to better prepare students for future geoscience careers and/or graduate school: Heads and Chairs: Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Education, 8:30-11:30am.
- Using Community Science to Advance Earth Science Learning afternoon mini-workshop. 1:30-4:00pm.
- Monday Oral Sessions
- Earth Education Forum, 4:30-5:45pm.
- Monday-Wednesday (three-day; day 2 of 3) Morning Workshop: Heads and Chairs: Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Education, 8:30-11:30am.
- Roundtable discussions, 3:00-4:15pm:
- Plenary Presentation, 4:30-5:45pm: Raj Pandya, Director, Thriving Earth Exchange.
- Share-a-thon and Teaching Demonstrations (1:30-4:10pm)
- Monday-Wednesday (three-day; day 3 of 3) Morning Workshop: Heads and Chairs: Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Education, 8:30-11:30am.
- Broaden and Diversify Your Reach Through Expanding Your Definition of 'Community of Practice' afternoon mini-workshop. 1:30-4:00pm.
- Make it Better: Assessing and addressing departmental and workplace culture issues afternoon mini-workshop. 1:30-4:00pm.
- Poster Session - 4:30-5:45pm.
- Thursday-Friday (two-day; day 1 of 2) Morning Workshop: Broadening Participation of Underrepresented Minorities in Geoscience, 8:30-11:30am.
- Addressing Bias in Teaching afternoon mini-workshop, 1:30-4pm.
- Thursday Oral Sessions
- Panel Discussion, 4:30-5:45pm: Grand Challenges in Earth Learning: Perspectives from Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Thursday-Friday (day 2 of 2) Morning Workshop: Broadening Participation of Underrepresented Minorities in Geoscience, 8:30-11:30am.
- Roundtable discussion, 1:30-2:45pm: Impostor Syndrome
- Poster Session, 3:00-4:00pm
- Town Hall