Programming on Incorporating Data and Technology into the Classroom
Customize your Program
Morning workshops and working groups will meet for two or three days. Workshops are interactive, with participants learning from experts and from one another. The extended lunch hour provides a break and an opportunity to network with colleagues. Poster sessions will begin during the lunch hour on two days and the posters will remain available through the close of the day's program, with authors present after afternoon sessions. During the afternoon you can pick from a mix of mini-workshops, round-table discussions and/or contributed talks or teaching demonstrations. Check out the sessions below that focus on increasing diversity and broadening access at the Rendezvous this summer!
at-a-glance » Register for the
Monday-Wednesday Morning Workshop
- Teaching Introductory Geoscience with Data and Math in a Societal Context Using GETSI Modules morning workshop. M-W, 8:30-11:30am.
Tuesday-Wednesday Afternoon Workshop
- Data Labs: Using Ocean Observatory Initiative (OOI) Data to Engage Students in Oceanography afternoon two-day workshop. Tue-Wed, 1:30-4:00pm. By application only- apply by March 31.
Thursday-Friday Morning Workshops
- Creating and Integrating Meaningful Virtual & Augmented Reality Content for Geoscience Classes morning workshop. Th-F, 8:30-11:30am.
- Marine Geology Using GEODE morning workshop. Th-F, 8:30-11:30am. By application only- apply by March 31.
- A Beginner's Guide to Creating Short Videos for Geoscience Courses, mini-workshop, 1:30-4:00pm.
- How to Create your Own Open Educational Resources: Examples from Analytical Methods in Geosciences (AMiGEO), mini-workshop, 1:30-4:00pm.
- Teaching Geoscience in Laboratory Settings, Roundtable discussion, 3:00-4:15pm.
- Teaching Computation in the Geosciences Using MATLAB, mini-workshop, 1:30-4:00pm.
- Poster Session - 4:30-5:45pm.
- Earth Observatory for Kids: Communicating Earth Science in a hands-on approach to Our Young Earthlings mini-workshop, 1:30-4:00pm.
- Successes and Challenges of Using Social Media in Teaching and Learning mini-workshop, 1:30-4:00pm.
- Strategies for Using Community Developed Big Data Sets in Teaching Roundtable discussion, 1:30-2:45pm.
- Town Hall