Programming for Community Engagement
Customize your Program
Morning workshops and working groups will meet for two or three days. Workshops are interactive, with participants learning from experts and from one another. The extended lunch hour provides a break and an opportunity to network with colleagues. Poster sessions will begin during the lunch hour on two days and the posters will remain available through the close of the day's program, with authors present after afternoon sessions. During the afternoon you can pick from a mix of mini-workshops, round-table discussions and/or contributed talks or teaching demonstrations. Check out the sessions below that focus on community engagement at the Rendezvous this summer!
at-a-glance » Register for the
- Using Community Science to Advance Earth Science Learning afternoon workshop. 1:30-4:00pm.
- Earth Education Forum, 4:30-5:45pm.
- Plenary Presentation, 4:30-5:45pm: Raj Pandya, Director, Thriving Earth Exchange.
- Share-a-thon and Teaching Demonstrations (1:30-4:10pm)
- Roundtable discussion: Building Successful University-K-12 Partnerships (3-4:15pm)
- Broaden and Diversify Your Reach Through Expanding Your Definition of 'Community of Practice afternoon workshop. 1:30-4:00pm.
- Poster Session - 4:30-5:45pm.
- Panel Discussion, 4:30-5:45pm: Grand Challenges in Earth Learning: Perspectives from Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Roundtable discussion: Strategies for Using Community Developed Big Data Sets in Teaching (1:30-2:45pm)
- Poster Session, 3:00-4:00pm
- Town Hall