Good evening participants,
For those participants just arriving to the Rendezvous welcome!
Tomorrow is transition day. Whether you are just joining us for the second part of the Rendezvous or if you have been with us since the beginning of the week and just wrapped up your M-W a.m. workshop today, we look forward to another selection of high quality, intellectually rich Thursday/Friday programming.
Thursday lunch event
Join us for a special Thursday event roundtable Lunchtime discussion with Dorothy Barnett and Assistant Director of the Climate + Energy Project, Rachel Myslivy, from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. in the 3rd floor mezzanine of KU's DeBruce Center. Feel free to grab lunch in the first floor food court.
As you prepare for tomorrow's schedule of events, please make note of the following:
- The oral sessions: and all take place in Ritchie Hall 366 and 368. Tomorrow's session topics include Professional Development: Faculty, Graduate Students, and Teachers and Broadening Participation and Student Development
- Mini-workshops: We have five mini workshops running tomorrow
- GETSI: Teaching with the GETSI module "GPS, Strain, and Earthquakes
- Advancing the Perception and Adoption of Geosciences in a New Era,
- Strategies for Writing a Strong NSF Proposal
- Using Excel for Quantitative Skill Development
- Engaging Introducing Students with Data Discovery and Visualization Using GeoMapApp
- Thursday's plenary speaker is Dorothy Barnett from the Climate + Energy Project. Her talk Imagining an equitable and just transition to a clean energy future for Kansans will be in Burge Union Forum C/D.
Donor Development Challenge
We are at $3095 of our goal of $4000! Thank you to everyone that has contributed! Help us meet our goal and unlock the donor challenge by donating today. Donations go to providing travel stipends to the 2019 Rendezvous. Give now through your NAGT Membership account and select the Professional Development Fund.
CEU Credit Opportunity
Interested in receiving Continuing Education Unit credit for participation at the Rendezvous? Complete the end of workshop evaluations and attendance sign in sheets. Send you request to NAGT's Executive Office at email@example.com.
We have just a few left. For $20 you too can have a fashionable t-shirt your colleagues will admire and envy.
Evening Event Opportunity
Join the city of Lawrence for the 59th Annual Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale From sunup to sundown,"it's the biggest sale of the year, drawing thousands of shoppers from far and wide! Clothes, shoes, art, jewelry, sports, accessories, games - you name it, we've got it!"
Upcoming events in the fall 2018:
NAGT Traveling Workshop Program
The Traveling Workshops Program (TWP) brings national leaders in geoscience education to your campus or regional event. Designed for departments, institutions or groups of institutions with shared interests, TWP offers themes on strengthening cross-campus environmental and sustainability programs as well as supporting the success of all students. The TWP is a part of NAGT's integrated Workshop Program.
Application Deadlines for the 2018-2019 academic year:
October 15 (for Spring 2019 Workshops)
March 15 (for Fall 2019 Workshops)
Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
November 4-7, 2018, Indianapolis, IN
Stop by the NAGT booth #314 to learn the latest from NAGT and our affiliated projects
American Geophysical Union Annual Meeting
December 10-14, 2018, Washington DC
Stop by the NAGT booth #811 to learn the latest from NAGT and our affiliated projects