- we will participate fully in the entire morning workshop for which we registered
- we will participate fully in any mini-workshop we attend
- we will move between contributed sessions at the completion of presentations
- we will be courteous and respectful of others
- we will aim to allow all to have an opportunity to participate in discussions
Before the Rendezvous
As you prepare for the Rendezvous, take a moment to look over this information
Arriving at the Rendezvous
- Information about ground transportation to and from the airport can be found on the Kansas City International Airport Ground Transportation website. Group shuttles are available, though many require prior reservations.
Visit KU Parking and Transit for information on parking at KU, including parking regulations, parking tickets, and visitor and event parking. Parking Services offers free parking during the summer in the green lots. The closest green lots are lot #72 and lot #110. Please refer to the Rendezvous map for reference. For questions about parking you can contact parking services directly at email@example.com or (785) 864-7275. For accessibility questions related to parking, please visit the ADA/Accessibility and Medical Permits page.
- Registration check in/name badge pickup (you must check in before attending any events, please leave time to check in and walk to your first event)
- Sunday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. and Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m-4:15 p.m. -Entrance to the Earth, Energy and Environment Center (EEEC)- Crescent Rd. and Naismith Drive
During the Rendezvous
On Campus Locations
Most events will take place on the University of Kansas campus. We will post a map of the event venues this Spring.
Connecting to WiFi
Wifi will be available on campus. Visit the KU Informational Technology web page for more information.
Dining in Lawrence
The University of Kansas campus and surrounding area are filled with a wide range of cuisine at an affordable price. Check out the EER Dining in Lawrence page, Food & Drink of Downtown Lawrence page, Open Table, or the Lawrence Menus page for more information. There are also a number of dining options available in the KU Student Union if you want to grab a quick bite to eat or meet with colleagues and friends.
Many groups will capitalize on being together at the Rendezvous to move their own research forward. If you are interested in organizing a working group at the Rendezvous, Apply by April 8, 2018.
Continue networking with colleagues and friends at the variety of evening events and gathering spots. Check back soon for further details.
Connect Via Social Media
New to the Rendezvous and looking for lunch/dinner companions? Do you want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? We will post a digital message board you can utilize to continue the conversations and networking.
If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @nagtgeo and include the hashtag #EERendezvous18. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
The Rendezvous will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the NAGT Facebook page. Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
After the Rendezvous
Staying in the area after the Rendezvous? Lawrence and the surrounding area provide opportunities for fun and relaxation. Check out these sites for event calendars, restaurant recommendations, maps, tours, etc.
- Lawrence Visitors' Guide
- KU Biodiversity Institute & Natural History Museum
- Prairie Park Nature Center
- Grinter's Sunflower Farm
- Spencer Museum of Art
- Kansas City Tourism
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- National WWI Museum and Memorial
- America Jazz Museum
- Science City Museum
- Kansas City Zoo
- Worlds of Fun Amusement Park
- Legoland Discovery Center
- Birds Botanicals A cave 150 feet beneath Kansas City and the perfect climate for growing 10,000 delicate orchids.
- Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve 100 miles southwest of Lawrence