Search All SERC-hosted projects...
...or choose a starting point
Engaging teaching activities
Whether you're an undergraduate faculty member or a K-12 science teacher our suite of partner projects have materials you can use today. Connect with a community of peers as they share what really works in their classrooms.
- EarthConnections Highlighted on NSF 2017 STEM for All Video Showcase
EarthConnections: Community Pathways to Geoscience Careers, brings together partners to create pathways in three regional pilots, focusing on key academic transitions in three diverse U.S. communities—Atlanta, GA; San Bernardino, CA; and Oklahoma. To learn more about EarthConnections, check out the project video on the NSF 2017 STEM for All Video Showcase.
- Submit Your Favorite Teaching Activity to Teach the Earth
Have you developed your own activity that works well in your classroom or in the field? NAGT is actively soliciting community members to submit teaching activities for our online education portal Teach the Earth. Activities are welcome at any time but those that are submitted to the portal by June 1 will be included in the Activity Review Camp taking place at the 2017 Earth Educators' Rendezvous in July.
- Announcing NAGT's Serving our Communities Initiative
From local communities to international efforts, education and geoscience both play important roles in our society. The Serving Our Communities initiative celebrates the ways that geoscience educators and students are engaging with local, national and global communities.
- Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2017—Register Today!
We have had an overwhelming response to our early bird registration deadline! If you haven't registered, there is still plenty of time (although many a.m. workshops are filling). Check out the Rendezvous program and register today.
- InTeGrate Announces the Publication of a New Materials
InTeGrate is developing a new breed of teaching materials that can be utilized in general education courses, teacher preparation courses, core courses within geoscience majors, and courses designed for other majors including environmental studies, social science, engineering, and other sciences. Check out our newly published materials: Water: Science, and Society, Changing Biosphere and Critical Zone Science.
View All Projects »
Not sure what project is right for you? Try our site guides.
- Teach the Earth
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics
- Supporting and Advancing Geoscience Education in Two-Year Colleges
- Earth Exploration Toolbook
- Quantitative Skills
- The Math You Need, When You Need It
- Microbial Life - Educational Resources
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial
- Eyes in the Sky II
- Earth Educators' Rendezvous
- Direct Measurement Videos
- Cutting Edge
- Pedagogy in Action
- Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience
- Integrating Research and Education
SERC Twitter Feed
Tweets mentioning @serc_carleton or #serccarleton.