pcMEL Teaching Resources
- Climate Change pcMEL
- Earthquakes and Fracking pcMEL
- Wetlands pcMEL
- Formation of the Moon pcMEL
- Extreme Weather pcMEL
- Fossils pcMEL
- Freshwater pcMEL
- Origins of the Universe pcMEL
baMEL Teaching Resources
In the Classroom
- MEL Project Teacher Guide (Acrobat (PDF) 4.6MB May24 21)
- Transfer Task
Suggested Article List
- NGSS Assessment of Scientific Practices and Cross-Cutting Concepts in the MEL Explanation Task
MEL Explanation Task Rubric (Acrobat (PDF) 80kB Jan31 22)
Reference List for Model-Evidence Link Diagrams Project
- pcMEL baMEL Reference List (Acrobat (PDF) 6.9MB Jan31 22)
Some teachers like to create large "gameboard" versions of the MEL/baMEL diagram. The components included in the Teaching Resources section are designed for letter size paper. The components below are for an 18 X 24 inch version.
- Download the full size MEL/baMEL Gameboard image here. Do not right-click or control-click to save the image above as it is reduced for web display.
- Arrow Cards (Acrobat (PDF) 73kB Jun26 19)
- Dead Zones Large Model Cards (Acrobat (PDF) 124kB Jun13 23)
- Dead Zones Large Evidence Cards (Acrobat (PDF) 33kB Jun13 23)
The Lateral Reading-Model-Evidence Link Diagrams project is supported in part by the NSF under Grant Nos. DRL-2201012, DRL-2201013, DRL-2201015, DRL-2201016, DRL-2201017, and DRL-2201018. Previous support came from Grant Nos. DRL-2027376, DRL-1721041, and DRL-1316057. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the NSF's views.