New Author Orientation Webinar
Friday, October 10, 2014
2-3:30 Eastern | 1-2:30 Central | 12-1:30 Mountain | 11-12:30 Pacific
- Introduce the overall InTeGrate project and how your curriculum development fits in.
- Introduce the authoring process, the support structure (web team liaison, assessment consultant, email list, workspace), and how to work together as a team.
Introductions of team leaders and SERC staff
Brief overview of the project (20-25 minutes)
Overview of the documentation and authoring process with example module (20-25 minutes)
- Information for Material Developers (where you can find more info about...)
- Information for new authors: Module and course characteristics
- Expectations, teamwork, and documentation - Dave Gosselin
- Timeline, authoring, and support for teams - Stuart Birnbaum
Action Items and Questions (SERC) (10 minutes)
- November meeting info
- Take the BARSTL survey- by October 30. You will have to log into your SERC account to access this page. If you don't have a SERC account, you can create an account with the e-mail address that's been provided to InTeGrate and you should gain access automatically. Contact Monica with any questions (mbruckne AT carleton.edu).
- Review the information for new authors page, and bring questions to the November meeting
- Review the November meeting agenda (coming soon)
View the Webinar Screencast:
Orientation Webinar -- Discussion
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.
edittextuser=537 post_id=23455 initial_post_id=0 thread_id=7021
Join the Discussion
Log in to reply