Getting your Geoscience Education Research Published
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Strategize where to submit their manuscript(s)
- Apply expectations for different manuscript types to their own work
- Plan for addressing editor and reviewer comments productively
- Understand the roles of editors, associate editors, and reviewers and how manuscripts are handled after submission
1:30 Welcome and introductions
1:40 Participants pitch ideas for papers
- Who do you want to reach?
- What do you want to say to them?
- What is your evidence?
- Why would they be interested?
2:10 Matching the pitch to the journal I: Journals that publish geoscience education research
2:20 Matching the pitch to the journal II: Requirements for different manuscript types in JGE
2:55 What happens after you submit your paper? Overview of the review process
3:15 Revise pitches and discuss next steps
3:45 Final comments and evaluation
Instructions for Authors for the Journal of Geoscience Education
Journals that publish geoscience education research.pdf (Acrobat (PDF) 62kB Jul11 19)
Tips to make the review process go smoothly.pdf (Acrobat (PDF) 188kB Jul11 19)