Good evening participants,
What a great start to the 2019 Earth Educators' Rendezvous! Whether you are a first-time participant or a veteran to Rendezvous, we hope you were able to meet and connect with colleagues across the country who are interested in Earth education. We are excited for the opportunities to learn from each other during the upcoming week. As you prepare for tomorrow's schedule of events, please make note of the following:
Monday Afternoon Options:
Oral sessions 1:30 – 4:00
- Professional Development for Undergrads, Grads and Faculty & Broadening Participation, located in Humphries 203
- Teacher Preparation, Professional Development and Policy Issues, & Developing Geocompetencies, located in Humphries 221
Mini-workshops 1:30 – 4:00
- How to Create your Own Open Educational Resources: Examples from. Analytical Methods in Geosciences (AMiGEO), located in Humphries 222
- A Beginner's Guide to Creating Short Videos for Geoscience Courses located in Humphries 334
- Teaching & Perpetuating Earth Stewardship Education, located in Humphries 320
- Using Community Science to Advance Earth Science Learning, located in Humphries 13
- Getting your Geoscience Education Research Published, located in Humphries 327
- Monday Earth Education Forum - Conversations with Colleagues: Exploring Our Shared Goals to Support Students and Strengthen Geoscience Pathways. Located in the Barn Auditorium. The goal of this forum is to open conversations that help you build connections across those different settings and hear more about how we all work to (1) support all students along their pathways and (2) raise awareness of geoscience to widen the paths.
Later this week
- Wednesday Town Hall: How can we design the future of Earth Education for sustainable societies? We need your input! Come share your vision and engage in inspiring conversations with new colleagues on Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm at the Town Hall in Humphries 221.
Donor Development Challenge
We are at $620 of our goal of $4,000. Help us meet our goal and unlock the donor challenge by donating today. Donations go to providing travel stipends to the 2020 Rendezvous. Give now through your NAGT Membership account and select the Professional Development Fund.
CEU Credit Opportunity
Interested in receiving Continuing Education Unit credit for participation at the Rendezvous? Complete the end of workshop evaluations and attendance sign in sheets. Send your request to NAGT's Executive Office at email@example.com.
Earth Educators' Rendezvous t-shirts are available for only $20 at the Registration table in the lobby of the Humphries building from 7:30am - 4:30pm. Snag a fashionable t-shirt that will remind you of Rendezvous 2019 for years to come!
Need to get out after a long day? Check out Nashville's Visitors' Guide, which features information on activities that will meet everyone's interests!
We also invite you to check out the Rendezvous Evening Activities page. We will update this page as we hear about new opportunities. Have something to add? Let us know at the registration table.
Upcoming Events - Happening Fall 2019
NAGT Traveling Workshop Program
The Traveling Workshops Program (TWP) brings national leaders in geoscience education to your campus or regional event. Designed for departments, institutions or groups of institutions with shared interests, TWP offers themes on strengthening cross-campus environmental and sustainability programs as well as supporting the success of all students. The TWP is a part of NAGT's integrated Workshop Program.
Application TWP Deadlines for the 2019-20 academic year: October 15 for Spring/Summer workshops, January 15 for Summer workshops, March 15 for Fall workshops, and June 15 for Fall/Winter workshops.Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB Workshop
October 20-22, 2019, Carleton College, Northfield, MN
While the application deadline for this workshop has passed, keep an eye on the website for new resources coming out of this workshop.
Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
September 22-25, 2019, Phoenix, AZ
Stop by the NAGT booth (#107) to learn the latest from NAGT and our affiliated projects! If you're an NAGT member and will be at GSA, please consider volunteering your time at the NAGT booth - a sign up sheet is available at the Rendezvous registration table.
American Geophysical Union Annual Meeting
December 9-13, 2019, San Francisco, CA
Stop by the NAGT booth (#314) to learn the latest from NAGT and our affiliated projects! If you're an NAGT member and will be at AGU, please consider volunteering your time at the NAGT booth - an interest sheet is available at the Rendezvous registration table.
We are excited to announce that the 2020 Earth Educators' Rendezvous will be held July 13-17 at Stanford University. Have an idea for 2020 programming? Share your ideas here! The committee will review all suggestions and work to create a balanced program that serves diverse audiences. We ask that suggestions be made by October 1 for consideration for the 2020 program.
Stay tuned for more informational updates as the details about Rendezvous 2020 unfold!