- To share ideas and resources across institutions
- To develop a community-generated toolkit of best practices for NSEC centers that can be shared with the broader community
- To build a sense of community among participants and
- Demonstrate a network-wide effort
NOTE Toolkit element list from 2014 workshop (private).
- A draft toolkit that includes the following 5 elements:
- "How-To" guideline document for best practices for developing a mission and vision statement and using it to identify and communicate with stakeholders
- Models of center organizational structures with guidelines and advice about situations where each is beneficial, with examples
- Models for center funding structures and best practices for interacting with potential funding sources
- Best practices and resources for evaluation of center programs
- Guidelines and suggestions for building effective partnerships and collaborations with entities within and external to the center's institution
- A timeline for reviewing the toolkit and soliciting feedback from the NSEC community, and revising the toolkit
- A resource list that is generated as part of the toolkit building process
- Plans for next steps in supporting this work
The workshop will follow the APLU SMTI annual conference and will be held at the same location. Click here to find information about the SMTI conference.
We will begin the workshop with an opening session the evening of June 9 and run from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on June 10. Participants will be expected to attend all of the workshop sessions.
- Application - March 4, 2016
- Stipend application deadline - March 4, 2016
- Invitations to register sent by April 1, 2016
- Registration deadline - April 29, 2016
- Pre-meeting work submitted by April 29, 2016
By registering for the meeting, participants agree to:
- Before the workshop - complete the registration and complete the workshop pre-work, update your center profile, and read pre-workshop information
If you do not yet have a Center Profile, email John McDaris in the SERC office and he can help you set one up.
- During the workshop - participate in all sessions
- After the workshop - complete reviews of workshop-generated toolkit material