Implementation Teams Synthesis Workshop
Note to participants: We are experiencing one of the warmest Falls on record, but it is still cold in Minnesota in December. Average temperatures are 30's in the day and mid teens at night. Please dress comfortably and warmly for your time here and anticipate some snow. We will have a van to bring people between the meeting rooms and hotel, but we will still need to walk short distances outside.
December 7-8, 2016
Carleton College, Northfield MN
This meeting of team leaders from the Implementation Programs will focus on synthesizing the knowledge and experiences the teams bring from their experience with InTeGrate. Each Implementation Team has a wealth of experience and knowledge about the work they were trying to accomplish and this face-to-face meeting will allow the group to synthesize that expertise into resources and materials that will help the entire InTeGrate Community. This workshop will build on the published program descriptions from each program.
The meeting will begin with lunch at 12:00 PM on December 7th and conclude at 3:00 PM on December 8th.
- Share and identify common elements that lead to success across programs
- Highlight examples of impactful practices in focus areas such as increasing diversity of graduates and bringing learning about the Earth into new contexts
- Build a web resource to showcase IP programs for a broader audience
- Strengthen our community within InTeGrate
- A shared understanding of our work across the implementation programs
- Synthetic text, generated by IP team leads, that can be used to write web pages about [what] we have learned broadly about using InTeGrate principles to:
- Recruit and Support Diverse Learners
- Teach Earth Across the Curriculum (includes connecting Geoscience to societal issues)
- Prepare Teachers to Teach Earth Science
- Support Transitions to Workforce, Transfer, and Careers
- Make and Sustain Change on our Campuses
- Components necessary to generate a set of examples similar to the HHMI Capstone sites
Important Information and Deadlines
- Read all the Travel and Logistics information.
- Register and Provide Travel Information - November 4, 2016
- Pay for Single Room Upgrade - November 4, 2016
- Finish Publishing Program Profile - November 30, 2016.