Working Meeting Overview
- To share ideas and resources across institutions for moving centers forward :
- using communication to gain support for center programming
- using communication to increase visibility of centers' importance on campus
- using communication to support participation of people from groups historically under-represented in STEM
- using communication to build networks of partner entities both inside and outside the institution
- using communication strategies to impact policy decisions
- To develop a community-generated resource of effective practices for NSEC centers that can be shared with the broader community
- To build a sense of community among participants and demonstrate a network-wide effort
See the NSEC Toolkit developed in 2016.
- Documented understanding of the challenges involved in communication for STEM Centers and
- A resource collection, generated from the participants experience addressing these challenges
- A community-generated synthesis of workshop findings
- Plans for next steps in supporting this work
This working meeting opens the national NSEC National Conference. Click here to find information about the National Conference.We will begin the working meeting with an opening session the beginning at 2:00 pm on June 6 and run from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm on June 7. Participants will be expected to attend all of the working meeting sessions.
The NSEC Annual Conference continues immediately after.
- Register for the Working Meeting when you register for the NSEC National Conference. Earlybird Deadline April 2
- Pre-meeting work submitted by April 30.
By registering for the conference, participants agree to:
- Before April 30, 2018 - complete the pre-meeting work.
- During the meeting - participate in all sessions
- After the meeting - complete reviews of community-generated synthesis ahead of it becoming public
For More Information
For more information contact Kacy Redd or Cailin Huyck Orr.