Geoscience Education Video Resources
The following resources were collected, in part, during the Spring 2014 virtual workshop on Designing and Using Video in Undergraduate Geoscience Education. Our growing community of contributors continues to add to these resources. Please be a part of this group by joining our email list.
- On the Cutting Edge -- Video Catalog -- Search and browse through an index of videos across the web, created and recommended by members of our community.
- On the Cutting Edge -- Activity Catalog -- Search and browse through an index of video-associated activities created by members of our community.
- NOAA's Ocean Explorer
- National Park Service
- American Geophysical Union -- AGU
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership
- MARUM TV -- deep-sea HD footage -- ask for permission to use in educational video (they are willing!)
- Under H2O series
- Open Source Geoscience Video Tutorials
Other online collections
- TEDEd -- Earth and Space Science
- PhET -- Interactive Simulations -- Earth Science (UC Boulder)
- U.S. Department of the Interior -- Weekly Videos: 10 minute talks on a variety of topics.
- David Archer's Video Lecture Series on Global Warming and related topics
- SJ-Earth Operators Manual by Dr. Richard Alley -- climate, CO2 and sustainable energy
- Interactive Oceans -- Explore an underwater volcano with UW OOI scientists
- Direct measurement video library for Physics -- from Pedagogies in Action
- JOVE -- Journal of Visualized Experiments -- lab and experimental and field techniques
- IRIS -- Seismology and Plate Tectonics Animations/Videos
- Earth Rocks! (Open-Source Geoscience Video Tutorial -- hosted by City College of San Francisco, Earth Sciences)