Visualizations about Hurricanes and Climate Change
The following pages were developed as a part of the Teaching Geoscience with Visualizations workshop and website. Each page presents quality visualizations on a particular topic in the geosciences. You can browse through the whole collection of visualization pages on the Teaching with Visualizations website.
- Atmospheric Heating - animations covering various ways that the atmosphere is heated.
- Atmospheric Moisture - animations showing global patterns in precipitation and other moisture issues.
- Atmospheric Pressure and Wind - viewing the connection between atmospheric pressure and wind.
- Hurricanes (in Hazards) - visualizations of historic hurricanes and various hurricane models.
- 2005 Hurricane Season (in Hazards) - links to resources about the whole of the record-breaking 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season and some of three of the most well-known storms: Katrina, Rita, and Wilma.
- Weather and Climate - various resources illustrating the relationship and differences between weather and climate.
- Weather Fronts - animations of the formation and characteristics of fronts.
- Paleoclimate: Climate Change through Time (in Climate Change) - different ways of seeing how the climate has changed through time.