Online Resources for 3D Scanning, Modeling, and Printing
This site is by no means the definitive resource on 3D Scanning, Modeling, and Printing. Check out these places for ideas, discussion, and camaraderie.
- RepRap Wiki Printable Part Sources
- Making Society's 37 Sources for Models
- Stanford 3D Scanning Repository
- Digimorph - This collection of 3D models of fossils is generated at the National Science Foundation's multi-user CT lab, UTCT.
- GB3D - The UK repository for digitized type fossil specimens.
- UK Natural History Museum (Such as MicroCT or NanoCT)
- Bathymetry and Topography from around the US and World from the US National Geophysical Data Center
- Smithsonian's 3D Portal
- USGS Lidar Portal
- ThingiVerse (Makerbot)
- 3D Warehouse (Google/Trimble)...3D version of GeoFabLab's home (Science I Building)
- AutoDesk 123D
- Smorf.nl is a website that allows you to interactively render crystal structures on-line and buy 3D-printed models at $10/piece.
- GrabCAD (for engineers, mostly)
- TurboSquid (Stock models)
- CG Trader
On-line 3D Printing Communities
- /r/3dscanning - Turning real objects into 3D data
- Communities for specific, popular 3D printer makes:
- Part Making Communities:
Non-Plastic / Non-Metal Printable Materials
3D Printing Research Groups
- Lara Estroff's Bio-Inspired Materials Synthesis Group
- Wohlers Associates, Inc.
- Georgia Tech's Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Institute
- Mist, Ice, and Humidity
- Kilometer-away high rez scanning